(Space is limited!)
THURSDAY, MARCH 17, 2016
SALEM FIRST PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH
Join CoActive Connections for an experience to “walk a mile” in the shoes of someone experiencing poverty.
REGISTER BY 03/10/16
Contact us for registration link:
|Volunteer Opportunities for Poverty Simulation March 17, 2016||Time March 17||# Needed||# applied|
|Set-up||9:00am to 11:00am||6|
|Registration||12:00 to 1:30||4||filled|
|Support Staff Roles||1:15 to 4:30pm||18|
|Take-down||4:30 to 5:30pm||6|
Do you like to paint for fun? Or want to contribute to the beautification of our Corban campus?
There will be a Corban community event that is a chance for you to do both of these! Corban students are welcome to come and paint the Corban Library study rooms on the 2nd floor. The following are the details about the event:
Event description: Painting the Corban Library study rooms
Date: February 13th
Time: 1:00-4:00 p.m.
The first 15 people to sign up and show up at 1:00 p.m. will receive a$15 Dutch Bros gift card!! Note: If those signed up do not arrive by 1:10p.m. you will lose your rights to the free gift card to whoever arrives within that time.
Please sign up by contacting Sarah San Nicolas at email@example.com.
This month ASB is hosting the ‘Home Away From Home’ photo contest! Below are the rules/guidlines:
- The photo contest will begin Monday February 8th and will end Sunday February 28th.
- The contest is open to any enrolled Corban student
- You may only submit one photo that relates to the theme and is from Corban/Oregon
- The photograph must be taken by you, but can have been taken at any time
- Photo must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- On February 28th when the contest closes ASB will upload all submitted photos to an album on the Corban ASB Facebook page
- There will be 48 hours to vote. A ‘like’ equals a vote
- At the ASB meeting on March 2nd, the members attending will receive one vote towards their favorite picture
- The photo that receives the most likes on Facebook will receive a vote towards it along with the ASB member votes
- The winners will be notified through email
1st place- $50 2nd place- $30 3rd place- $20
We can’t wait to see your photos of this beautiful state!
If you are interested in becoming a mentor at the Boys and Girls Club of Salem,
please attend the orientation event on February 3rd!
The goal is to promote educational success by building strong mentoring relationships between kids and college age adults. All volunteers will mentor you of the elementary, middle & high school level, working with kids in the both the classroom, and in the club in an after-school setting.
(For more information, please see the flyer above or contact email@example.com.)
Students, Staff, and Faculty-
Sign up to serve at our annual MLK Serve Day on January 18th! Every year school is cancelled for ONE day and for ONE purpose- that purpose is to serve our Salem community. As a University we will be volunteering in many places throughout the community, representing the name of Jesus Christ to all who we serve. And you get a FREE shirt for volunteering! Click the link below to sign up for a project.
Spring Break Mission Trips are coming up! there are many to choose from and go all over the United States to share the Lord with others. If you are interested in going on one of these trips be sure and click HERE to see a description of each of the trips and apply. If you have any questions please contact the ASB Missions Coordinator, Danielle Wong firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do you have the skills to make quality videos? Are you in need of a REACH credit?
Willamette Valley Hospice is in need of students who can shoot and edit videos to create quality advertising. To find out more about the organization and their mission, please visit their website.
Contact ASB Leadership at email@example.com for any questions.
The Turkey Trot is Monday, November 23rd at 10am outside Schimmel! There is no chapel that day.
There will be three groups of trotters, listed below along with the rules concerning each specific group.
There is also a costume contest for whoever dresses in the best Turkey/Thanksgiving attire.
*If weather is not conducive to safe scooter riding, we will cancel scooter competition
1. Helmets are a must in order to participate as scooter competitor
2. Stay within markers and follow set course
3. Be courteous to other scooter competitors and aware of your surroundings
4. Stay on scooter as much as possible
1. Stay within markers (on the grass, Aagard parking lot)
2. Keep road time to a minimum
3. Keep chivalry alive (men walking on roadside if walking with women)
4. Make sure young children are accompanied at all times
1. Follow designated trail
2. Be courteous of other runners
1. Be patient
2. Listen to the Emcee
3. Be aware of your surroundings and other people around you
Prizes will be handed out to the winners of each section.
There will be donuts, coffee, hot chocolate, and the newest addition to the turkey trot, turkey trot mugs.
You won’t want to miss out!
Corban Students! Looking for a way to serve the community?
City Vibe is an organization that provides free meals to the homeless and those in need. Volunteers are welcome every Friday night from 5:30-7:00pm.
Volunteers are needed to help serve food, but most importantly, they are needed to visit with the guests. Serving food is just a means to showing them the love of Jesus and opening doors for the Gospel!
Please contact ASB Community Engagement Leadership if you want help getting connected! Meals are served @ West Salem United Methodist Church, and there is usually a group that goes every Friday night!