We are raising money for the “Christian Ministries in Africa.” Nutrient-rich porridge will be purchased and distributed to children attending Church on the Rock School in the Rueben Slum in Kenya, Africa.
Our goal is to raise $500 to feed 400 students for one month.
Visit the gofundme page posted below to donate. There also will be a chapel ‘offering’ taken after Spring Break. Keep your eye out for details on this!
Thank you for considering to donate and remember although you may really want _______, they really need ________.
To sign up for the Commuter Hungry Games, please visit the REC*IT App or IMLeagues.com and register for the Commuter Hungry Games.
Commuters can create teams of 5 people to compete in the games. Each team must include 2 males and 2 females.
Willamette Humane Society
Volunteers needed to hand out flyers about FREE spay & neuter for cats in the local area!
Saturday, February 27th, from 12-3pm
Community Cat Coordinator
503-480-7729 -Spay and Neuter Clinic
503-585-5900 x313 -Personal Line
Willamette Humane Society
4246 Turner Road South East
Salem, Oregon 97317
(Space is limited!)
THURSDAY, MARCH 17, 2016
SALEM FIRST PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH
Join CoActive Connections for an experience to “walk a mile” in the shoes of someone experiencing poverty.
REGISTER BY 03/10/16
Contact us for registration link:
|Volunteer Opportunities for Poverty Simulation March 17, 2016||Time March 17||# Needed||# applied|
|Set-up||9:00am to 11:00am||6|
|Registration||12:00 to 1:30||4||filled|
|Support Staff Roles||1:15 to 4:30pm||18|
|Take-down||4:30 to 5:30pm||6|
Do you like to paint for fun? Or want to contribute to the beautification of our Corban campus?
There will be a Corban community event that is a chance for you to do both of these! Corban students are welcome to come and paint the Corban Library study rooms on the 2nd floor. The following are the details about the event:
Event description: Painting the Corban Library study rooms
Date: February 13th
Time: 1:00-4:00 p.m.
The first 15 people to sign up and show up at 1:00 p.m. will receive a$15 Dutch Bros gift card!! Note: If those signed up do not arrive by 1:10p.m. you will lose your rights to the free gift card to whoever arrives within that time.
Please sign up by contacting Sarah San Nicolas at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This month ASB is hosting the ‘Home Away From Home’ photo contest! Below are the rules/guidlines:
- The photo contest will begin Monday February 8th and will end Sunday February 28th.
- The contest is open to any enrolled Corban student
- You may only submit one photo that relates to the theme and is from Corban/Oregon
- The photograph must be taken by you, but can have been taken at any time
- Photo must be emailed to email@example.com
- On February 28th when the contest closes ASB will upload all submitted photos to an album on the Corban ASB Facebook page
- There will be 48 hours to vote. A ‘like’ equals a vote
- At the ASB meeting on March 2nd, the members attending will receive one vote towards their favorite picture
- The photo that receives the most likes on Facebook will receive a vote towards it along with the ASB member votes
- The winners will be notified through email
1st place- $50 2nd place- $30 3rd place- $20
We can’t wait to see your photos of this beautiful state!
Click Here to VOTE
If you are interested in becoming a mentor at the Boys and Girls Club of Salem,
please attend the orientation event on February 3rd!
The goal is to promote educational success by building strong mentoring relationships between kids and college age adults. All volunteers will mentor you of the elementary, middle & high school level, working with kids in the both the classroom, and in the club in an after-school setting.
(For more information, please see the flyer above or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.)