General ASB Cabinet Position Information
ASB Leadership exists to foster a community that encourages student involvement, validates individual voices, and promotes servanthood.
The Cabinet of ASB Leadership identifies and addresses the current needs of the Corban Associated Student Body.
Each member of the ASB Cabinet must be a member of the Corban community who…
- Demonstrates an authentic relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Has a passion for the mission of Corban.
- Has a desire to represent the students of Corban.
- Exhibits peer leadership abilities and displays collaborative leadership strengths.
- Practices effective organizational skills.
- Is familiar with Corban’s Student Walkthrough and policies.
- Represents the University with maturity and professionalism.
Each member of the ASB Cabinet must be registered as a current Corban undergraduate student who…
- Has completed at least two full semesters at Corban.
- Possesses a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher.
- Registers for a minimum of 12 credits and a maximum of 18 credits.
- Is on track with REACH requirements.
Each member of the ASB Cabinet is expected to:
- Abide by all Corban community lifestyle standards.
- Attend all weekly Cabinet meetings.
- Attend chapel.
- Hold regular office hours (5 per week)
- Be present as school representatives at various events.
- Support and work effectively with other campus offices.
- Perform other duties as required.
Each member of the ASB Cabinet is required to attend all training sessions as outlined in the ASB Leadership Training Timeline.
Each member of the ASB Cabinet will receive a scholarship equal to 16% of the cost of tuition for the first year in office. For each additional year on the Cabinet, there is a $500 increase in the stipend. Scholarships are disbursed through the Financial Aid Office at the beginning of each semester.
Specific ASB VP of Finance & Administration Position Information
The Vice President of Finance and Administration is responsible for all financial operations of ASB and all other accounts where student fees are used. This individual is also in charge of many administrative operations in the office.
The VP of Finance & Admin must be an individual who…
- Has completed at least one year of accounting classes.
- Is well organized and attentive to detail.
- Is able to use financial management software.
NOTE: It is highly recommended that this individual be a junior or senior in class standing. It is also recommended that this individual have prior experience as a treasurer for a Student Initiative/Organization or other campus group.
Responsibilities are not limited to what is listed.
The VP of Finance and Admin is expected to:
- Establish a semester budget for ASB Leadership.
- Promptly process all relevant financial transactions.
- Act as a liaison between the Office of Financial Services and the Cabinet.
- Keep track of all expenditures and receipts.
- Keep financial records current and available for review.
- Communicate with the treasurers of Student Initiatives and act as a liaison between the treasurers and Financial Services.
- Attend to various administrative tasks as needed (ex. meeting minutes, office supplies, document management, Orientation waivers).
- Meet regularly with the ASB President and the ASB Cabinet Advisor.
- Meet regularly with the ASB Vice Presidents about their branch budgets.