General ASB Cabinet Position Information
ASB Leadership exists to foster a community that encourages student involvement, validates individual voices, and promotes servanthood.
The Cabinet of ASB Leadership identifies and addresses the current needs of the Corban Associated Student Body.
Each member of the ASB Cabinet must be a member of the Corban community who…
- Demonstrates an authentic relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Has a passion for the mission of Corban.
- Has a desire to represent the students of Corban.
- Exhibits peer leadership abilities and displays collaborative leadership strengths.
- Practices effective organizational skills.
- Is familiar with Corban’s Student Walkthrough and policies.
- Represents the University with maturity and professionalism.
Each member of the ASB Cabinet must be registered as a current Corban undergraduate student who…
- Has completed at least two full semesters at Corban.
- Possesses a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher.
- Registers for a minimum of 12 credits and a maximum of 18 credits.
- Is on track with REACH requirements.
Each member of the ASB Cabinet is expected to:
- Abide by all Corban community lifestyle standards.
- Attend all weekly Cabinet meetings.
- Attend chapel.
- Hold regular office hours (5 per week)
- Be present as school representatives at various events.
- Support and work effectively with other campus offices.
- Perform other duties as required.
Each member of the ASB Cabinet is required to attend all training sessions as outlined in the ASB Leadership Training Timeline.
Each member of the ASB Cabinet will receive a scholarship equal to 16% of the cost of tuition for the first year in office. For each additional year on the Cabinet, there is a $500 increase in the stipend. Scholarships are disbursed through the Financial Aid Office at the beginning of each semester.
Specific ASB VP of Marketing & Communication Position Information
The Vice President of Marketing & Communications is responsible for communicating and promoting all events and information of ASB to the student body (ASB Members). They will oversee all communication channels, publicity, and technology of ASB Leadership. This individual is responsible for leading and maintaining the Marketing & Communications branch of ASB Leadership.
The VP of Marketing and Communications must be an individual who is well organized, have accurate typing and proofreading skills, possess initiative and creativity, and be confident in their interpersonal communication skills. This position is very detail and deadline-oriented. This person must be able to handle multiple projects at once and have excellent scheduling abilities. This person must also be able to manage a team and and effectively operate a branch of ASB Leadership.
Position responsibilities are not limited to what is listed.
The Communications Coordinator is expected to:
- Maintain and/or oversee all ASB communication channels
- ASB Website
- Social Media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.)
- ASB e-mail
- Electronic Reader Boards
- Keep students informed of ASB news
- Plan and publicize election information
- Meet with the ASB Advisor and ASB President as needed
- Oversee the Communications Committee
- Oversee Media Arts and Publicity Coordinators
- Manage all ASB technology (Computers, iPads, A/V Equipment, etc.)