Title: Missions Coordinator
Reports to: Vice President of Community Engagement
Time Frame: Mid August – Early May
Commitment: 7-10 hours each week
Scholarship: 25% of room and board – approximately $2225
The Coordinators of ASB Leadership exist to assist and work closely with the Vice President of their respective branch with the duties necessary for the success of the branch and ASB Leadership as a whole.
The Missions Coordinator is responsible for assisting the VP of Community Engagement in collaborating with the team representatives of all Spring Break Mission Trips.
The Missions Coordinator must be an on-campus Corban student who…
- Demonstrates an authentic relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Abides by all Corban community lifestyle standards.
- Has a passion for the mission of Corban and a desire to represent the students of Corban.
- Exhibits peer leadership abilities and displays collaborative leadership strengths.
- Practices effective organizational skills.
- Is familiar with Corban’s Student Walkthrough and policies as well as basic residence hall policies and procedures.
- Represents the University with maturity and professionalism.
The Missions Coordinator must be registered as a current Corban undergraduate student who…
- Has completed at least one full semester at Corban.
- Possesses a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher.
- Registers for at least 12 credits.
- Is on track with Reach requirements.
The Missions Coordinator is expected to:
- Work alongside the ASB Advisor to coordinate all Spring Break Mission Trips.
- Act as a liaison between trip leaders/treasurers and the Office of Financial Services.
- Meet regularly as part of the Community Engagement branch of ASB Leadership.
- Meet regularly with the Vice President of Community Engagement.
- Support and work effectively with other campus offices.
- Organize missions trips including formatting applications, writing a timeline, and contacting and updating missions leaders and participants about meetings, qualifications, questions, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Provide adequate training for missions trip leaders.
The Missions Coordinator is required to attend all training sessions as outlined in the ASB Leadership Training Timeline.