Time Frame: July – Early May
Commitment: 20 hours each week
Reports to: Director of Student Programs
Scholarship: 16% of the cost of tuition – approximately $4600
The Student Director of Activities is responsible for facilitating all campus activities for the Corban Student Body. They work closely with the Student Activities Board, and handle communication with campus departments and personnel regarding campus activities.
1. Be a member of the Corban Community in good standing.
2. Be a current undergraduate who has completed at least two full semesters at Corban.
3. Be registered for a minimum of 12 credits, with a maximum of 18 credits.
4. Possesses a cumulative G.P.A. of 2.5 or higher.
5. Have a passion for the mission of Corban, and desire to represent the students of Corban.
6. Exhibit peer leadership abilities and effective organizational skills.
7. Be familiar and compliant with Corban’s Student Walkthrough.
8. On track with Reach requirements.
9. Demonstrates an authentic relationship with Christ.
The Student Director of Activities must pay attention to detail when planning events, and be able to effectively delegate responsibilities and motivate their peers. This person must be assertive, persistent, committed to the position, and have had previous experience running activities. Interpersonal communication skills are a must for this position.
Position responsibilities are not limited to what is listed.
The Student Director of Activities is expected to:
1. Coordinate new and traditional large scale event opportunities (ex. Beach Party).
2. Work with the ASB VP of MarCom to ensure that events are effectively publicized.
3. Communicate with other campus offices regarding activities.
4. Complete evaluation forms and keep records for each event.
5. Work with outside vendors for any activities brought to Corban.
6. Assist the Director of Student Programs in leading the SAB.
7. Hold regular office hours (five scheduled per week).
8. Collaborate with RAs, AACs, & ACs to put on residence hall events (ex. Lumberjack Games).
9. Partner with and enable student led activities (ex. Zombies vs. Humans).
Training, Meetings & Other:
1. Attend all training sessions as outlined in the Hiring Process/Training Timeline.
2. Meet twice weekly with SAB team.
3. Meet weekly with Director of Student Programs.
4. Be First Aid/CPR/AED certified and physically prepared to administer basic first aid (training offered on campus).
5. Represent the University with maturity and professionalism.
6. Attend chapel.